Tuesday, January 3, 2012

...One year later

Well, it has been some time since I have written on my blog. Honestly, I forgot about it. See, I started this blog for a class project and thought once I was done with the class, I would never have to write on this again, but a whole year later my mind has changed its mind. I was sitting in my intersession class today thinking about how I would like to be better about writing down little happenings in my life. If I have to be frank, I'm not much of a pencil and paper gal, I prefer me some of the world wide web. I guess that speaks to my growing up in the technology era.

Anyways, my goal is to write on this blog on a more regular basis. Two key things to consider in that sentence; 1) I don't have a timeline for how long I want to write on my blog, I'm a person of somewhat impulsive decisions, so even though I have a strong desire to keep up with the blog, that could change, but I'll keep you updated, and 2) "More regular basis" doesn't mean every day or every week, it means I'll post when I fancy it..

Great, now that all that is said and out of the way, here's a quick fast-forward of life in the last year:

  • In a few weeks, I will begin my last semester of college. Most days I'm super stoked to get out of school, but occasionally I get anxious thinking about what the future might have in store for me
  • This past summer, I interned at T2 + Back Alley Films in Kansas City and realized that I want to have a career in the video/media industry
  • I'm currently shooting video of life as seniors in college through the lives of my roommates and myself. It's what I'd like to call a work in progress, but I have high hopes for it
  • I still have the best family and friends a girl could ask for
  • I'm planning on traveling to Europe when I graduate. I figure real-life can wait a little bit, plus there are adventures to be had before I figure out what's next for me
There is a lot more that happened in the past year, but I think you get the gist - life is good. Presently, I'm in Manhattan, Kansas with my roommate Ann enjoying the quiet college town before everyone comes back. It's definitely been an interesting time, Ann and I have played a lot of Mario, watched a lot of Lost, put together a couple puzzles, and colored... A LOT. And you know, even though there are moments of extreme boredom, it has been extremely fun. What other time will I have to spend this much time with one of my best friends? 

So, here's to a great new year. A new year where I become a "real person," a new year where I travel and explore the world, a new year where I don't take anything for granted and a new year full of many adventures. 

Cheers, mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment