Sunday, October 10, 2010

Let's Get It Started!

Oh, the adventures.

I guess I should start out by telling you who I am and why exactly I'm here. First things first - my name is Kate Harness and I'm currently a junior at Kansas State University persuing a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media. In one of my classes this semester, MC 316 Computer Assisted Reporting,  I've been assigned to write a story about a topic that is "out of my norms," if you will. More technically, a story written about an issue of a multicultural perspective. I know you must be dying to hear what I chose to write about, so I'll make you wait no longer!

As part of a service project for one of my spanish classes this semester, I'm working with a group of students from Job Corps. During our time together, the Job Corps students and I talk about life, family and their futures. Still wondering what my topic is? Well, I thought I'd be nifty and 'kill two birds with one stone' I'm writing about problems with Job Corps, more specifically the crime-related problems.

Now that I have my topic selected, I can start the lengthy research portion of this assignment. Oy vey.....

P.S. Come back again. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment