Friday, December 3, 2010

The In-between

It's almost the end of the semester. I can't believe it - seems like just yesterday I was in Doc's class for the first time. Funny how those things happen..

Since it is the end of the semester, my brain has been nonstop. So much to do and so little time. Maybe I procrastinated too much, or maybe I just didn't anticipate how much work writing this story would be. Either way, it has to get done - and by next week.

I turned in a first draft of my main story and once I got it back from Doc, I was a little terrified/shocked. Actually I was a lot more emotions, but we'll just stop there. But, after spending so much time on something and then getting it back with edits all over, is a little disheartening for me. I know it's all to make me a better writer and my piece better overall, it just kind of stung. But, then I think about where I would be if I only made first drafts of everything - probably not very far.

It's been a few hours since I got back my first draft back and can now think about how I want to make it better. It's not going to do anyone good if I just sit and don't make the needed changes.

So, here I am. Ready for round two. Hopefully it's not a knockout.

No comments:

Post a Comment