Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Iceberg! Straight Ahead!"

The past few days have been a roller coaster, to say the least.

On my way to go interview the Flint Hills Job Corps student, I got in a car accident and am now without a car for a little while. It's weird how one minute you can be super excited for something and then the next your emotions are a complete mess. That's kind of what happened this weekend. That's life though, huh? Now my challenge is trying to find a way over to Job Corps to get this interview I'm supposed to already have. Oy vey!

In happier news, I've heard back from another person I can interview for my story. He's a reporter for a newspaper in New York and has been covering his local Job Corps for a little over six years, so I'm sure he'll have some good things to tell me.

One thing that has surprised me throughout this process is how badly people want their story to be heard. It's funny that people love to talk about themselves and their stories. I personally love it from a journalistic perspective.. it makes my job much easier!

Here's to finishing up my interviews before Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment