Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Things Come in Twos!

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I found myself sitting at the computer doing research and remembered I must continue on my blogging adventure! I wouldn't want any of my adoring fans to get upset because my blog stopped, so the show must go on.

Anyways, I received two forms of good news today. First off, I got confirmation from a Flint Hills Job Corps student to go ahead and come interview her tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to hearing about her story and what she thinks of Job Corps. This would be a great way to make a local-connection in my Job Corps story. Not only will it be my first in-person interview with an actual Job Corps student, but it will be my first time ever going inside a Job Corps center. So, hopefully the interview goes well and I get loads of information from her that I can use in my story. Heck, while I'm there, I might even try and meet with the Director of the Flint Hills Job Corps Center while I'm there... you know, if he has spare time for someone like me. We'll see..

My other good news that I received was in the form of an email. In my last post I mentioned that I needed to start getting in contact with experts to interview for my piece. Well, it took a few days and a couple email reminders later, but I got my first response today from Brian Kennedy, the Assistant Secretary for Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs at the Department of Labor. WOOOO! I'm really excited to call him next week (that's the next available time for him to talk) and see if I can get some good responses from him. I have a feeling he'll have a lot to say..

I'll be sure to post a follow-up blog on how these two interviews go and talk about my findings. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment